September 11, 2017

NATIONAL SEWING MONTH DAY 11: NOTABLE MENTIONS 6:

...


SEWING INFO OF THE DAY
(Maybe you've heard this, but just in case you haven't) 

You just never know who might be harboring a secret, (a sewing secret that is)!  Recently one of my readers informed me that Canada's Lieutenant-Governor Elizabeth Dowdeswell of the Province of Ontario has just such a secret.  I found this fact absolutely inspiring, especially since I, myself been experiencing a "sewing Lull" of sorts.  You can learn more about her secret here:




Sheryll's had more fabulous sewing tips for the month of August at patterns.scissors.cloth

5 comments:

  1. I like this article! It's great to see someone out in the public eye, wearing her own creations, and no one says her style looks "home made."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was amazing. And I think she looked wonderful in her handmade creations too.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this. Her outfits are lovely. I wonder how she finds the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I thought she looked wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I loved to read about it! I find very interesting that a woman that can purchase couture garments prefers to sew them! A great example and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...