November 17, 2015

#BLOGLIKECRAZY DAY 17: #THESEWINGGOURMET'S TAKE ON SALMON...

...I love fish (along with lots of other types of foods as you've probably gathered by now).  Being the true Southerner Belle that I am, when it comes to fish my cooking method of choice is, of course, FRIED!  So it took me a while to grow to LOVE salmon.  I grew up eating canned salmon and I still love that too - nothing beats a good quality salmon patty or croquette (which ever you'd like to call it).  Ah, that's an idea, maybe I'll post my Salmon Croquette recipe one day.

Salmon is an excellent source of protein and rich in omega 3-fatty acids.  I usually buy individually wrapped frozen wild Alaskan salmon.  This way I can just take out just the number of pieces I want for a particular meal.  I also prefer skin on opposed to skinless. I have several recipes that I use regularly.   I found this one at Public's - you know the little recipe cards that you find near the meat counters - and have used it for quite some time.


Parmesan Crusted Salmon (recipe obtained from Public's)

Ingredients

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon flour
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets (skin removed; thawed, if needed)
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, divided
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided

Steps

1. Combine seasoned salt and flour in zip-top bag. Cut salmon into 4 portions. Place in bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place fish on cutting board; spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise over all 4 portions, to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over mayonnaise and press lightly until cheese sticks.
3. Place salmon in pan with cheese side down. Lightly coat fish with remaining 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and 1/4 cup cheese, pressing lightly until cheese sticks (wash hands). Cover and cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (or fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork).
Serve with salad of your choice. 


Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Yum, yum Ms. Faye!!! That meal looks sooooo good! (are you inviting me to dinner?? LOL!!) I'm a true Salmon lover and normally have mine broiled with a lot of great seasonings where it almost "blackens" it! I also love Salmon patties and of course any fried fish too!! Hope you enjoyed your meal, I know I would have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it Myra, it was delish!

      Delete
  2. And....why didn't you invite me over for dinner. OOOh! I forgot, we don't live in the same state. Really, this looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...