August 24, 2014

BEEP BEEP...

...ready for a little weekly blog cruising
first stop Cashmerette creatively turned the Colette Moneta pattern every which way but loose this summer.  Jenny's renditions was one of the reasons I was tempted to buy the Colette pattern in the first place.  Absolutely loved her strippy Moneta.   I happened upon Jenny's blog several months ago, and have been in awe of her creations and great pictures and poses ever since.
 

 She's also a one of the creators of the Curvy Sewing Collective,  which is a plus sized sewing community that is well worth taking a peep at.

every now and again I have to stop by  The Renagade Seamtress, refashionista extraordinaire. Now mind you, refashioning really is not my main theme.  I just don't have the eye to envision great things being made from not so great things.  But when I saw Beth's refashioned sweater dress winters ago it made me pay attention to this blog

She just had her first book published too.  Three cheers to the Renagade Seamtress!
 
 a final stop to visit with Natalie at The Tiny ClosetAfter a friend told me about The Tiny Closet I had to visit her blog - read it from the beginning too.  The black top she wore in the first picture spinned me around so much that I would have purchased it if I could have found it.  Ended up having to create a pattern of my own to get it.  My top turned out pretty good and with just a little more tweaking will be a perfect fit through the neck area.  Thanks for the inspiration Natalie!


Natalie's husband Theo is an EXCELLENT  photographer as you'll see when you review her blog - which by the way is scheduled for a brand new re-launch in early September.
That's the trip for this go round, hope you'll join me again and again...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great trip around Blogland Faye, it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Myra you're always welcome to ride along!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8/25/2014

    What a fun trip again! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ridding along Alexandra!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...