I'm 12 days in construction wise, so there's no turning back. I tend to always set preliminary deadlines for myself - two weeks for this project - so there's 2 days left. No, I don't always meet the deadlines, but sometimes I do. With a rare snow day yesterday and today I was able to progress from this stage
|Vogue 8548 Front|
Vera and I have spent several really, really late nights together this week. Sometimes when you spend so much time with a person/thing you find yourself not liking it as much. I have to admit that I've had my moments with Vera. But she's still in the house/on the dress form. I will say that I will NEVER buy this type fabric again!
- I so wanted to use a two piece sleeve, but with this fabric I felt the less seams to deal with the better. Went with the pattern sleeve, but tapered it to reduce the bell shape a bit. Sleeve went in without a hitch, I inserted it flat.
- ALL seams (except sleeve) have been serged and double topstitched to stop intense fraying.
- Tapered skirt at side seams 2 1/2" to reduce exaggerated aline shape.
- Added side seam pockets complete with pocket facings.
Now I need to make a new "Finish Line List":
- Construct lining
- Complete bound button holes in lining
- Insert sleeve heads and shoulder pads
- Interface hems
- Hem skirt and sleeves
- Sew on buttons